BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »

Sunday 22 May 2011

Propagandas

(Letter from young man to his girlfriend)
Dear my love Angelina,
I am writing you this letter because it’s too hard for me to tell you this in person. I am going to war.I can’t stay here anymore, it’s too hard. I can’t walk down the street without being spat on or called a coward. I was given a white feather today. I am publicly disgraced. I never wanted to go to war. I hate fighting. I don’t believe that violence is the answer to anything.
This morning when I went out recruitment posters were shoved in my face. Women and children just scorn at me as if they’re blaming me that their men had to go to war. They make me feel terrible. One of the posters asked, “What will your children say their dad did to help the war?” This made me think about if we have children, what they would say to their friends about their dad going to war. I want our children to be proud of me, not embarrassed by the fact that I was too cowardly to fight in the war.
I am really sorry I wasn’t able to tell you this in  person, I promise to come back soon.
Love always,
Frank. 

0 comments: